OTHER LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
Violation on the Use of Special Collections and Archival Materials
Infraction of the rule on the use of special collections and archival materials shall mean suspension of library privileges not exceeding one month.
Library privileges in consortium arrangements shall be subject to the following:
- There is a consortium memorandum of agreement between UPV and the other consortium members; and
- Library privileges shall be granted on a reciprocal basis but shall not exceed the privileges granted to bona fide members of the University.
Government agencies and private institutions may upon written application borrow library materials from the University Library:
- When the resources and the needs of the University community allow this arrangement and when the policies of libraries concerned permit such arrangement. Books loaned out shall be in the name of the librarian requesting the loan.
- Books may be kept for two (2) weeks, renewable once, but may be recalled at any time when materials are needed.
Loss of Identification Card
Any bona fide member of the University who loses his identification card shall report the loss immediately to the College Library. An application for a duplicate identification card shall be made to the Registrar’s Office and presented to the College Library for proper validation.
Falsification and Use of Someone Else’s Identification Card or Borrower’s Card
- Any person who falsifies the identification card shall after due process be suspended from the University for not more than one semester.
- Any person who uses an identification card or borrower’s card, not his own, shall have his library privileges suspended for not more than one semester.
Disorderly and Disruptive Behavior
Any person engaged in disorderly conduct such as drunken behavior, creating disorder, tumult, breach of peace, or serious disturbance, gross and deliberate discourtesy, possession of prohibited drugs or in disruptive behavior such as excessive noise, loud discussions, scandalous acts (such as exhibitionist acts, necking, etc.); or in improper behavior such as smoking, eating and playing cards within the library premises shall be excluded by the Librarian from the library premises and be subject to suspension of library privileges for not more than two weeks.
Recall of Books
Any book on loan may be recalled if:
- officials of the University have an urgent need of the book;
- a book is to be placed on “Reserve” for a course or is to be given shorter loan periods;
- it is overdue; or
- libraries are conducting their mandated annual inventory.
Refusal or Failure to Settle Library Accounts
Any person who after due notice shall refuse or fail without just cause to settle library accounts or obligations:
- shall not be allowed to register;
- shall not be permitted to use the University libraries;
- shall not be issued a University clearance.
Summary and Regular Procedures for Disciplinary Action by the Librarian
The University or College Librarian may proceed against any person in cases of violations of provisions of the University Library Rules and Regulations. The summary and regular procedures for disciplinary action by the Librarian shall be provided in the implementing guidelines.